Progressive Web Apps are like a game changer in the world of ecommerce. Progressive Web Apps are becoming a new concept for web development. PWA is a web pages that provide a native app like experiences to users. PWA just works like native apps, features like push notification, load fast, smoother navigations, responsive, offline mode and much more.
Here we are presenting the list of Progressive Web App implementation across a variety of industries.
1 Ali Express
AliExpress.com is a giant ecommerce marketplace offering a product to international online buyers. To reaching mobile buyers AliExpress decides to build a PWA store. With PWA implementation…
- 104% for new users across all browsers; 82% increase in iOS conversion rate
- 2x more pages visited per session per user across all browsers
- 74% increase in time spent per session across all browsers
AliExpress mobile commerce is growing three times faster than ecommerce.
2 Flipkart Lite
Flipkart, India’s largest e-commerce site, decided to combine their web presence and native app into a Progressive Web Application that has resulted in a 70% increase in conversions. With PWA implementation…
- Users time on site with Flipkart lite vs. previous mobile experience: 3.5 minutes vs 70 seconds.
- 3x more time spent on site
- 40% higher re-engagement rate
- 70% greater conversion rate among those arriving via Add to Homescreen
- 3x lower data usage
Alibaba.com is a Chinese multinational ecommerce company serving 200+ countries and regions. After upgrading their site to a Progressive Web App (PWA), they saw a 76 percent increase in total conversions across browsers.
- 76% higher conversions across browsers
- 14% more monthly active users on iOS; 30% on Android
- 4x higher interaction rate from Add to Homescreen
Konga is a leading e-commerce website in Nigeria, selling everything from books to fridges to mobile phones. Mobile devices provide the largest source of traffic and user growth to Konga. With PWA implementation…
- 92% less data for initial load, vs. native app
- 82% less data to complete first transaction, vs. native app
- 63% less data for initial load, vs. previous mobile web experience
- 84% less data to complete first transaction, vs. previous mobile web experience
Starbucks Corporation is an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain. Starbucks wanted to create a performant PWA with dynamic functionality that feels like native apps. With PWA Implementation…
- A fast, performant, intuitive PWA that looks and feels like a native app
- Emerging markets will be able to utilize the new web app even without consistent Internet access
- Customers can customize their food and drink orders seamlessly
As one of the world’s leading hotel search engines, Trivago has a long history of innovation. Trivago Founded in Germany in 2005. Trivago’s PWA website is now available in 33 languages, across 55 countries. With PWA implementation…
- 150% greater conversion rate among those arriving via Add to homescreen
- 97% increase in clickouts to hotel offers for users of the PWA
- 0.5 million + people adding Trivago site to their homescreen
- 67% of those who come back online continue browsing the site
Jumia is a leading e-commerce website in Africa. Most of their customers use mobile devices, which also provide the largest source of traffic and user growth. With PWA Implementation…
- 38% Open rate
- 9x more conversion on previously abandoned carts from web push users
- 7.85% conversion rate on previously abandoned carts from web push users, vs. 4.5% for native app.
Wego is a travel search engine based in Singapore. It operates across 52 country in over 20 languages and local currencies. Travel company Wego has built a successful AMP based Progressive Web App. With PWA Implementation…
- 12% increase of organic visits
- 20% drop in bounce rate
- 3x increase in CTR
9 Twitter Lite
Twitter is a platform to find out what’s happening in the world. It has 328 million monthly active users around the world who consume, create and share information. With over 80% of users on mobile, Twitter wanted their mobile web experience to be faster, more reliable, and more engaging.
The Twitter Lite Progressive Web App combines the best of the modern web and native features. Twitter developed Twitter Lite to deliver a more robust experience, with explicit goals for instant loading, user engagement and lower data consumption. With PWA Implementation…
- 65% increase in pages per session
- 20% decrease in bounce rate
- 75% increase in Tweets sent
MakeMyTrip is India’s leading travel company, with nearly eight million visitors to their site every month. Mobile has emerged as the preferred booking medium for MakeMyTrip customers, accounting for over two-thirds of the site’s traffic. With PWA Implementation…
- 3x improvement in conversion rate
- 20% decrease in bounce rate
- 38% improvement in page load times
- 160% increase in shopper sessions
Progressive Web Apps are the future of ecommerce. Building a high-quality Progressive Web App for your ecommerce store that making it easy for your users, grow engagement and offers a seamless mobile web experience to the users.